Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gracie Updates...

Once again another month has passed and I didn't update our blog, but I guess it's better late than never. The Smith family has been very busy with day to day life..wake up early, feed Gracie, get ready, head off to work, come home, feed Gracie, cuddle and play with Gracie, feed Gracie again, bath time, feed Gracie, read books, put Gracie to bed, clean the kitchen, go to sleep and do it all over again. I have really come to cherish my weekends home and look forward to the lazy Saturday mornings cuddling and playing with Gracie. The weekends certainly go way to fast.

Below are a number of pictures from the past month or so.

Gracie is still a peanut compared to other babies her age - we found out at her 6 month doctor appointment that she was a whopping 12 lbs. 13 oz. which put her in the 3rd percentile. Gracie has been eating solids for awhile now and some meals she loves and other times she is just not interested. Some of our meal times even got to the point that if I set Gracie in the high chair she would start crying - I know it's hard to believe because I truly think she has to be one of the happiest babies around, but it's true. So we spend a lot of extra time in her high chair playing games and getting rides around the house so she doesn't associate the high chair with a negative experience. It's helped as she hasn't cried while sitting in her chair for about a week so we've seen some improvement. Plus her eating has improved as well. We usually don't use the tray because she can't even reach anything on it - she's so tiny.

Gracie chewing on the high chair instead of her food :)

This is a typical Gracie expression - loving life, happy as can be with the biggest smile ever. It's fun that we can now see her front teeth when she smiles.

Taking Gracie weekly picture has become more challenging she is such a mover. One week I had to have Gracie sit with the doll in order to get a decent picture. It's no longer a picture I can take by myself because by the time I get the camera ready after putting Gracie next to the doll she has already rolled a few feet away. So it's a two person job with Steve holding Gracie down on the floor, while I get ready to take the picture and as soon as Steve lets go of Gracie I snap the shot. I have to act fast or we have to try again...

Loving this Minnesota warm fall weather!


Gracie's already a Twins fan as she watched the game with dad.

A few weeks ago, our friends Betsy and Stefan hosted Canadian Thanksgiving. They have been hosting Thanksgiving since Stefan moved to the United States and married Betsy. In years past it has been a leisurely lovely Thanksgiving dinner, but times have changed in the absolute best possible way - the kids have joined the party. In this photo the kids are ranging from one week (far left) to almost 3 years old. Gracie is in the multi-colored outfit - third from the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment