Tuesday, March 30, 2010
bed rest...
Last week I was diagnosed with preeclampsia and have been put on bed rest until the baby arrives. Preeclampia is where I have a sudden spike in blood pressure and contain protein in my urine due to my kidneys leaking fluid into my blood stream. I am currently 37 weeks and 5 days so I am very thankful that this diagnosis came towards the end of the pregnancy and at this point it appears to be a mild case of preeclampsia, however the disorder is one that can become severe at any given moment so doctors take it pretty seriously. My body is not any where ready to deliver the baby so my doctor is hoping that bed rest will buy me some time. At one point he mentioned that he would like to get me to 39 weeks and if I haven't gone into labor naturally by that point than he will induce me. But I think in all reality we have to take it day and day and see what makes sense and see how both myself and the baby are doing. So the good news is that I get to spend some time relaxing and catch up on some good chick flicks before the baby arrives. Thankfully we have such a wonderful family that have helped organize some baby things, run errands, cleaned the house and have already cooked a few meals that both Steve and I feel pretty spoiled. Thanks for all the love and support!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment