Already 19 weeks...while I feel like my belly popped awhile ago since I felt like maternity pants were the best thing ever created when I was only 10 weeks pregnant many other people are really starting to notice the difference. And when I look back to other pictures I can certainly see why. As most of you know I work with middle school students who have cognitive disabilities. While my job brings many crazy and stressful moments it sure has been an absolute joy sharing the pregnangy experience with my students. Now most of you won't completly understand how special these actions and comments that I'm going to share are since you don't know the students I work with, but hopefully they bring a smile to your face as they do mine. One of my students in particular has been very curious about the pregnancy and most of my conversations with her have been delightful, but one of her most frequently asked questions has been, "Can the baby hear us yet?" The answer of course was no for a long time, but when she asked me a few days ago I said that yes, now the baby can hear you. Her response was, "I better not say any bad words so I don't teach them to the baby." And my personal favorite is that now I can use a new teaching strategy that when someone gets too loud I can say that the baby gets scared of loud noises and instantly they get quiet - I'm going to have to use that one for as long as I can. I have another boy who so kindly tells me everyday that the baby is getting bigger and points to my belly and says, "When is Steve going to take you to the hospital?" He must think it's almost time. Hopefully I still have a ways to go and I'm sure that my students will continue to enlighten me with their comments for the next few months.
Monday, November 23, 2009
19 Weeks
Already 19 weeks...while I feel like my belly popped awhile ago since I felt like maternity pants were the best thing ever created when I was only 10 weeks pregnant many other people are really starting to notice the difference. And when I look back to other pictures I can certainly see why. As most of you know I work with middle school students who have cognitive disabilities. While my job brings many crazy and stressful moments it sure has been an absolute joy sharing the pregnangy experience with my students. Now most of you won't completly understand how special these actions and comments that I'm going to share are since you don't know the students I work with, but hopefully they bring a smile to your face as they do mine. One of my students in particular has been very curious about the pregnancy and most of my conversations with her have been delightful, but one of her most frequently asked questions has been, "Can the baby hear us yet?" The answer of course was no for a long time, but when she asked me a few days ago I said that yes, now the baby can hear you. Her response was, "I better not say any bad words so I don't teach them to the baby." And my personal favorite is that now I can use a new teaching strategy that when someone gets too loud I can say that the baby gets scared of loud noises and instantly they get quiet - I'm going to have to use that one for as long as I can. I have another boy who so kindly tells me everyday that the baby is getting bigger and points to my belly and says, "When is Steve going to take you to the hospital?" He must think it's almost time. Hopefully I still have a ways to go and I'm sure that my students will continue to enlighten me with their comments for the next few months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for sharing what your students said! Those are the best moments and I can totally appreciate it :) You look wonderful!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Lizie,
ReplyDeleteI am sharing the photo of you with my girls and they say, "thank you for making a new cousin for us to play with!" We are thrilled for you and Steve. Big kisses and hugs.
The Cortes Family - Les, Rafi, Sofy and Naty